NEWHALL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of the above Council, on Tuesday 15th September 2015 at Aston Chapel, Wrenbury Road, Aston, at 7.00 p.m.
Present: J. Batho (Chairman), J.G. Parkin (Vice Chairman), A.G. Lawrence (Clerk), E. Forshaw,
Mrs J. Sweeney, Mrs J. Fenton, Ms R. Spalding, C. Lloyd, D. Dean – rep INRG Solar, and 4 members of the public
- Apologies: R. Hibbert, J. Barker, Clr R. Bailey
- Declaration of Interest – if a member is present at a meeting of the authority, and they have a disclosable pecuniary in any matter to be considered or being considered at the meeting, they cannot take part in any discussion of the matter at the meeting or vote on it. They should disclose the interest to the meeting and follow the Council’s Code of Conduct.
- Planning Applications:
|Proposal:||Installation of ground mounted photovoltaic (PV) solar arrays to provide c.5MW generation capacity together with inverter houses, internal access track; landscaping; fencing; security measures; access gate; and ancillary infrastructure.|
|Location:||Land South Of Royals Wood Farm, WHITCHURCH ROAD, ASTON|
|National Grid Ref:||360074.36 345390.31|
Mr D. Dean representing INRG Solar was present to answer questions and to outline the application, and as such on the prop., J. Batho, sec., Mrs J. Sweeney it was unanimously agreed to open the meeting to all present to ask questions relating to the application.
After an enlightening discussion the Chairman closed the Meeting to the public. J.G. Parkin declared an Interest in the application and left the meeting and the Parish Council discussed further.
On the prop., Ms R. Spalding, sec., C. Lloyd, it was unanimously agreed that the Parish Council should submit the following comment in relation to this application;-
- The Parish have great concerns over the proposed access to the site during the period of construction. The position is on the very busy A530, opposite a busy industrial premises, with very poor visibility and in the location of school bus pick up’s/drop offs. As such they recommend that alternative accesses be considered, notably the track by the power substation, or the entrance to the existing solar park which was used successfully to construct that very recently.
|Proposal:||OUTLINE PLANNING APPLICATION FOR THE DEMOLITION OF EXISTING HOUSE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF AN ACCESS ROAD WITH RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT ON EXISTING GARDEN AREA AND PADDOCK LAND|
|Location:||HEATHCOTE, SANDY LANE, ASTON, CW5 8DG|
|National Grid Ref:||361251 346764|
On the prop., J. Batho, sec., E. Forshaw, it was unanimously agreed to open the meeting to all present to ask questions relating to the application.
After an extensive discussion the Chairman closed the Meeting to the public, the Parish Council discussed further.
On the prop., Ms R. Spalding, sec., Mrs J. Fenton, it was unanimously agreed that the Parish Council should submit the following comments in relation to this application;-
- The Parish Council oppose the application for the following reasons;-
- Sandy Lane, which enters/exits the site is very narrow and already a congested lane for vehicular movement. Further traffic will make this dangerous and potential in passable.
- The Parish Council consider the site would be overdeveloped with 10 dwellings and there should be a reduced number of dwellings proposed.
- The development goes beyond the natural building line of Sandy Lane which currently sees all properties fronting the road in a virtual straight line.
- There is no provision in the application for open recreational space.
|Proposal:||Remodelling of HGV south entrance and new perimeter security fencing|
|Location:||New Primebake Limited, WHITCHURCH ROAD, ASTON, CW5 8DL|
|National Grid Ref:||360950 345422|
After a discussion and on the prop., E. Forshaw, sec., Ms R. Spalding, it was unanimously agreed that the Parish Council should submit the following comment in relation to this application;-
- Next Meeting of Parish Council – it was reported that the original proposed date for the next meeting has had to be brought forward to meet the Annual Audit requirements and as such will be held on Monday 28th September at 7.00 pm. The Earlier start will be facilitate an open presentation to outline ‘Neighbourhood Plans’ by Carol Hill, Cheshire East Council Partnership & Communities.